Imagine the sounds of an ideal holiday location and bring it to life using the Compose with Sounds software.
Imagine a Holiday Soundscape
Pick one of the postcards above and imagine the holiday destination, with all the sounds that you would hear.
- Perhaps it is busy and full of people, or quiet and full of nature sounds?
- What time of year is it?
- What are the key sounds that you would hear?
- Are there any sounds which might be drifting in from the distance?
- What is going on?
If you’re having trouble imagining what the sounds might be like, why not go back and pick one of the other postcards?
Once you have a fairly good idea, use the Compose with Sounds software to re-create the soundscape of your chosen holiday destination.
- Keep checking back to the original image for inspiration.
Sound Card Pack
Click the following image to download a pack of sound cards and load them into the Compose with Sounds software.
- You could draw your own postcard, and then try to create the soundscape for the destination,
- OR create the soundscape and then try to draw it.
If you’re still seeking inspiration then why not listen to a soundscape composition: Presque rien [Almost Nothing] No.1 (by Luc Ferrari)
The “Sonic Postcards” project was originally an initiative run by Sonic Arts Network. More information can be found here.