In this project you will:
- Discover the world of Microsound – how small chunks of sound can be used to make enormous pieces.
- Learn about granular synthesis – the way in which any sound can be split up and reassembled into new sounds.
- Discover composers who use ideas of Microsound to create fluid granular clouds and mighty blocks of sound.
- Explore concepts of density and disorder to help you imagine new complexes of sounds.
- Apply this knowledge in the development of your very own Microsound composition.
This project contains the following pages:
Never [Guided Listening]
Energy and Flow
Creating Sound Masses [Composition Task]